Sunday, March 11, 2007

Concert history

Hello there,

I had to start a blog account to post a comment on another blog. I'm also learning HTML, so this might be a good place to test it out.

I plan on writing up memories of some of the concerts I've attended over the years. I've been to over 300 concerts. I have concert ticket stubs and written documentation for 281 of them, plus I've attended so many clubs shows and ticketless guest list events, I'm bumping it up to the next round number. I've been going to concerts since October 25th, 1987, so this will mark 20 years of this crazy life. Damn. In one year, I could double that number of concerts.

2 comments:

Tickledrop said...

"I had to start a blog account to post a comment on another blog."

Let me guess - Elephant Blog.

About your writing idea - I love it. I've also been to a lot of shows - my guess is somewhere between 400 and 500. I've got an album of my stubs but haven't updated them in about a year or so.

I've been going to concerts since I saw Rick Nelson play in Cowtown in Southern Cal. I was about 13 I think. After that, California Jam II in 1978 was the beginning of my love for live, big, filled with good times concerts, which brings us to Adrian Belew.

Adrian Belew. Well let's see. I've been a fan since 1983. I've seen him about 50 times in different bands and solo. I'm the stagehand at House of Belew, an online fan site.

A couple ?? What was that first concert on Oct 25, '87 and what, if you could pick, would you say was your favorite concert?

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I saw your blog on a google alert. Write and people read. :)

Rheayes said...

Hi Tickledrop,

Thanks for writing! I'm new to this blogging thing, not sure if this is how I'm supposed to reply to your comment.

First concert was Heart on the Bad Animals tour. I'm going to write about that next. Saw Adrian the first time on the Sound and Vision tour in 1990, first time solo on the Here tour in 1994. I think I'm up to 25 or so shows of his.

Favorite concert was Yes, when the classic lineup reunited in 1996 and played in an intimate movie theater in San Luis Obispo, CA. I could write books about that trip - I was a college student in Philadelphia at the time, and it was my first time flying across the country for a concert, extraordinary setlist and performance, met my husband that day... Nothing will ever come close.